Which government agencies can participate with G2G Marketplace?,
Any government agency can register and utilize the solutions and services offered in the G2G Marketplace. A government agency includes: States, Counties, Cities, Villages, Townships, Courts, Schools, Libraries, Police Departments, Fire Departments, Etc.
Due to state law, we do not allow non-profit agencies to participate in the G2G Marketplace.
Can non-profit organizations participate with G2G Marketplace?,
No. Due to state law, we do not allow non-profit agencies to participate in the G2G Marketplace.
What is the advantage of participating in G2G Marketplace?,
There are many advantages to participating in the G2G Marketplace, including:
- Provides an easy to use online store experience to research proven and tested IT solutions and vendors; therefore reducing budget hours and dollars investigating solutions and vendors.
- Provides IT solutions at a reduced price; therefore reducing the cost of government.
- Provides pre-negotiated, simplified contracts; therefore reducing the cost of drafting complex contracts with vendors.
- Provides a procurement process that is simplified and shortened; therefore allowing government agencies to implement IT solutions quicker.
- Shares government documents on best practices, standard operating solutions and policies related to IT solutions; therefore government agencies can save money and time drafting new documents.
Does it cost money to use the G2G Marketplace?,
No. There is no cost for use of the G2G Marketplace.
How do I gain access to the solutions and services?,
Government agencies can gain access to the website by first registering with the G2G Marketplace. Once they have registered and verified as a government agency, they will receive an email with their username and password.
How does the contracting process work?,
Each solution contains a sample copy of the contract with that vendor. Once you have decided to purchase the solution, the vendor will fill out the contract and the government agency will sign it.
Can my government agency use these contracts without going through the procurement process?,
We use the generally accepted government standard purchasing process. View the full Request for Qualification
How long does it take to get the contract signed?,
That depends on the government agency and the vendor. The contract is ready to use, it only needs to be filled out by the vendor and the government agency needs to sign it.
How does best price for the solutions work?,
The best price is provided as a provision in each contract.
How are the solutions and services selected?,
The solutions and services were selected through a standard procurement process using generally accepted purchasing practice and guidelines with Oakland County, MI.
Learn more about this process.
How do I get the contract once I am interested in purchasing?,
Each solution on the website contains a sample copy of the contract with that vendor. Once you have decided to purchase the solution, the vendor will fill out the contract and the government agency will sign it.
Is it possible for a government agency to become a vendor in the G2G Marketplace?,
Yes. If a government agency would like to provide a solution or service in the G2G Marketplace, they need to contact us and provide further details about their products. Contact Us
Who runs the G2G Marketplace?,
The G2G Marketplace is a program with Oakland County, MI and an initiative of L. Brooks Patterson, Oakland County Executive.